Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Renee In Cancerland - Book Snippet

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It hits home…

Too many things have happened these past few days that makes my stomach turn and scares the crap out of me.
One of our Pink Ribbon Cowgirls passed away – she was young….my age young and had a 4 year-old-son. My heart hurts for family and friends and especially her son.

Then I just got an email update from another PRC, she stopped chemo September 15 and was free and clear of the C word – it is back and she has to start chemo again.

I don’t get it. I do so good at thinking I am doing good and thinking I have it all under control and then something like this happens and I think, this could so easily be me.

It is fine line I am trying not to cross – thinking about these people, their situations, their hurt and in turn thinking “what if” that is me again? It could so easily be me again.
 It sucks, cancer sucks.

No comments: