Monday, December 1, 2014

Absolute faith


11/30/14
Unity Church of the Hills

I won’t lie, it still startles me if I am caught off guard when Spirit talks to me. Sometimes I try SO hard to talk, I don't hear anything.
But it is in the times when I am just there, the loudest message comes through.
Like when I am in the middle of signing a song in church and WHAM out of nowhere my heart and mind are flooded with memories…I know these memories are given to me at the moment to teach me something.

Short story:
I wasn’t raised in any one particle church…heck, we were that family that only went to church on the big holidays.

I never walked out of a service thinking…THAT one changed my life.

Even though we didn’t go to church on a regular basis, I had this love in my heart that always shined through and into me…unbeknownst to me at the time, it was/is Spirit.

People have always told me that I just have a glow and a warmness about me…again, sometimes I thought others were crazy?!?
I never knew how to explain this to myself, why "I" would have this glow about me?
Me – the one who didn’t go to church on a regular basis.
Me - the one who didn't stick to any sort of regular prayer schedule.
Me - the one who didn't know any bible verses

I did always wonder though:
Why I was so easy to talk to?
Why listening to others really filled my soul more than talking about me?

Back to today’s service:
The message started out from Daily Word: I have absolute faith in God.

This is what transported me back to all those memories of all those times, that I just KNEW it was going to be good.
Whatever it was.
I just KNEW it was going to work out.
I didn’t know how, I just knew it was.

But in service today, hearing that message of, “I have absolute faith in God,” made me realize I have always had absolute faith in God...even as a child and didn't go to church on a regular basis. 
I never knew it was my faith that made me look on the bright side of things…I just always have.

I never knew it was my faith that made it possible to look at any situation and say I don’t care what you say…it will turn out good.

But it is my faith that makes me know it will be good…heck, even great.
I have absolute faith in God

No comments: