Saturday, March 6, 2021

Dealing with Depression



Dealing with Depression 


Since I wrote about noticing the depression creeping in a few days ago, I also started doing my list of things that I know help me...

  • Talk therapy (from this, I am learning how to look at my emotions from an unattached place and sit with them...ask them what they are trying to tell me vs me trying to shut them up as quickly as possible because sitting with them is hard and uncomfortable.)
  • daily score (I score my mood throughout the day (not in a bad way...it is nice for me to have a tangible number). If I notice a lower score for a few days in a row, I look into what might be happening and adjust accordingly. I would like to note this isn’t always the case if depression is deep...if it is deep, I call my doctor to decide if I need to tweak my medicine.
  • Can I name what it is making me feel the depression (if yes I can name it, I ask myself what it is that I need to not feel depressed...usually it is that I need to love myself more)
  • If I can’t name what is making me feel depressed, I remind myself that feeling sad is ok and I will eventually turn the corner just like I have all the other times in the past.
  • I try my best to find one moment of joy in my day.


Once I start doing the above, I can start to feel the depression easing its grip on me...kinda like a dense heavy fog slowly lifting up. Sometimes it takes a day or two, sometimes it takes a few weeks before, sometimes it goes up and down like a roller coaster. 


I want to share this with you because in the past,I have been ashamed of depression, and I am learning/realizing that I didn’t do anything to cause it and I am working on it, so there is nothing to be ashamed of.

2 comments:

juwan james said...

I’m giving a testimony about Dr. ISHIAKU, the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my breast cancer, though I went through different websites and I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalists. I was like: ‘Many people have the breast cancer remedy, So why are people still suffering from it?’ I thought of it, then I decided to contact ishiakuherbalcure@gmail.com , I didn’t believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it(CURE) and sent it through DHL Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for a check-up 1 week after finishing the medicine, I was tested for breast cancer negative, if you are a breast cancer patient or any cancer patient at all. Do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: ishiakuherbalcure@gmail.com You can also message him on WhatsApp +2348180828544 you can also call him via +2348180828544 website:https://www.ishiakuherbalcure.wordpress.com email me for more info @ juwanjames81@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Buy high quality Real / False driver's license, ID cards, passports, diplomas, visas, fake Dollar Database registered passports, driver's license, ID card, visa, birth certificate, ielts, High Quality Real / False driver's license, identity cards, passports, diplomas, visas, fake dollar / euro etc TEXT.WHATSAP .+1720.248.8130
Whatsup……..+1(720).248.8130 EMAIL; highpills@gmail.com
Whatsup……..+1(720).248.8130 EMAIL; highpills@gmail.com