Monday, April 16, 2018

What to give as get well gifts




What to give as get well gifts.

I am asked a lot about what does and doesn’t make a good gift for someone who is: 
diagnosed with breast cancer
during chemo
during radiation
after surgery – mastectomy
after brain surgery 

Before I start this, I want to say this is MY personal opinion. Please don’t send my any hate mail telling me I am wrong. BUT if you have gift ideas to add, please do so in the comments!

Great gifts:

Food GIFT CARDS – not actual food. That way they can get exactly what they want. I had a ton of casseroles delivered to our house when I was diagnosed both times…I am not a casserole person. The thought was great, but we didn’t eat a lot of what was brought.

House cleaning. YOU find the service, YOU set it up for your friend.

Snacks. EASY ready to eat snacks. Don’t make them all healthy. When someone get home from chemo, when someone is on steroids, when you someone is exhausted from it all – easy, grabble snacks are needed.

TV subscriptions – HULU, Amazon, Netflix etc. These are great activities to do during treatment/home not feeling good/good to take your mind off not feeling good.

Nice easy to carry blanket

Headphones 

Neck pillow for sitting in chemo chair

Soft comfortable hats/scarves

After radiation – super soft breathable camisoles to wear all the time

After mastectomy – HealInComfort shirt – it has great pockets for drains

I am sure there is stuff I am missing, but this is all I can think of for now.

No comments: