Sunday, August 24, 2014

Renee In Canerland book snippet


My heart’s song – April 16, 2009
I have tried to put this into words for a long time, but I just couldn’t make it make sense.  I feel I have to try again because something is telling me this is so very important.

 
I watched an Oprah the other day and she talked about finding your heart’s song.

What is it that makes your heart sing?
What makes your world go around?
When money is set aside, what would you choose to do with your life?
How would you help others?
How would you make this world a better place to live?

It is a hard question to answer because it is scary to take money out of the equation, but one huge thing I have realized through this journey, money does not and cannot make me happy.

Yes, it makes life easier, but easy and happy are two totally different things.

I did something yesterday that I believe is taking me one step closer to my heart’s song. I told Mary that I wouldn’t be returning to work after I am done with all the treatments.

After a lot of praying and many talks with Eric, I decided my heart wasn’t/wouldn’t be in it.

I have to be true to my heart.

Now, what is my heart’s song? I am not 100% sure but I think I am getting closer to figuring it out.

I know a huge piece of it is Ian. I don’t know if we will get another baby, and I look at Ian and realize how fast time really goes. He is almost 2 years old and these first 2 years have flown by.

I want to take every moment and be able to bottle it up as a memory.
I want to leave my footprint on the world.
I want to help people show their love to and for others.
I want to show my love for others and so much more.
I have a lot I want to do. Now, I just need to figure out how to start.


It is fun reading through these old posts to realize that somewhere along the way, I did start following my Heart's song. And this Song I am now living is amazingly beautiful.

No comments: