Thursday, August 21, 2014

Book snipet

From my upcoming book, Renee In Cancerland:



The odds – September 21, 2008

I would like to think I don't live completely by the odds, but I guess to some extent I do.

What are the odds it will rain today?

What are the odds I will make it to work on time if I leave 5 minutes late?

What are the odds I will win the lottery today (not very good!). After looking into our hearts, thinking every possible scenario through inside and out, deciding where I stood ethically, I looked at our odds.

We are going with the odds in my favor. 80% chance of me regaining normal periods after chemo is finished and 100% faith in God and our decision.

We decided against the harvesting process for so many reasons. My biggest reason for saying no to it is the fact I have no idea when life actually does begin. I know there are scientists out there that say the embryo isn't "alive" until it producing blood on its own (or something like that - science really isn't my strong suit) and most religions believe it begins as early as the sperm meets the egg.

No one really knows and we never will, but I want to do the right thing by me and the would have been possible embryos.
I just can't imagine if life does begin at the embryo state, me having something to do with freezing however many embryos for however long - possibly forever.



Look for more book snippets.
As always, if you know someone who could benefit from reading my story, please pass this along to them. I do feel I am here to help others get through tough times.

No comments: