Monday, June 30, 2014

Going back - chemo chronicle 3.3



It was a hard day.


I admit it, I don’t do well with change….AT ALL!

I like to know what is going to happen, where I am going, what it looks like, etc.

Yes, Ian is just like me in regards to this. I felt a little like a lost 4 year old Friday when we walked into the office in Round Rock.

My doctor moved offices to a new location and today was the first day there. I am still not sure about it all as with most new things.


It is a lot smaller but it is oddly too small.  I know, weird.

The infusion room is a lot louder due to the smaller size and it doesn’t seem things here are as streamlined as they were at the old office. Eric keeps telling me that this is just as new to them as it is to me ,which is true. They had to hire a whole slew of people to come over to this office since they just made it bigger.

That was just the start of the hard day. With my new infusion of BSI (trial drug) it adds another hour onto the infusion. So now a normal Friday infusion will be at least 3.5 hours and when I have to get Zometa (bone stuff) it will be around 4.5 – 5 hrs.

We checked in at 8:15 to see my doctor and didn’t leave until 2:00 and it wasn’t even a Zometa day.

The whole time I was sitting in the infusion chair all I could think about was how in the world are we going to make this work with Ian’s school?

His school will be from 9:30 – 2:30. There is no way I can drop him off and pick him up on Fridays. Yes Eric can do one/both of them, but how long is his work going to be cool with him practically not coming in on Fridays?

How long can he run around ragged like this?

Yes these are the things that run loops through my head on a daily basis.

I am not worried about me.

I am worried about Eric and Ian.
 
_________________________________________________________
Please know this was written back in 2011.
I am still writing away for the book and getting it together. 
From a friend who is a social media monster, she suggested I start doing videos too and read some of my poetry writings that I think sound better being read verses you reading.
Please let me know what you think.

No comments: