Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 22 - On my soap box

Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. (a pet peeve, a current event, a controversial topic, something your husband or roommate or neighbor or boss does that really ticks you off

Politics.
I don't understand them - I don't understand how people can draw a line in the sand and say I am no this side and no way will I will put my toe over to that side - not even a little -  how one party can be SO against helping others.
Yes I understand SOME people take advantage of the situation, but more likely people need our help.

And I don't understand how some think that the family they were born into isn't somehow a lesson - I mean if you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth how in the world would you not want to share with others who were born - NOT BY CHOICE - into a family with not as much money??

How in the world do you think this is somehow these children's fault - they don't deserve the same opportunity we have all been given?

How do you believe these people are any less than you because of less money??

Don't you see - money does NOT make you a better person.

It is up to us - ALL of us to make this world go round - that means GIVING and taking - after all, it is the circle of life.

Each AND EVERY one of us could have been born into a different family, a different country, a different body - a different everything.

I am just asking you to stop and think - think the next time you want to look down on someone because they might be in a different place and wonder how you would want someone to act towards you?

No comments: