Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 20 - Get real


Day 20, Monday: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now.

My first answer was, "I struggle with the why of my cancer all the time", but then that turned to all cancer, childhood cancer, disease, poverty, hardship and down the rabbit hole I went.

So from all that I came up with - I struggle with the lack of compassion and love in the world.

We (and yes, I through myself in all my "we's") all want an answer - an anwswer for everything thing:
why does a 32 year old get starge 4 cancer
why does a 3 month old die
why do millions of people go hungry daily
why can a smile make stranger a stop in his/her tracks and feel love again
Why?
Why can lending a helping hand to ANYONE - ANYONE - not just your family, not just your friend, not just people you want to help up but then kick down again - ANYONE why can lending that hand truly change a life.

Why??

Love is why

It so simple but so hard.

I believe on the very basic level God made of for love.
For Him to love us
Us to love Him
We love each other

You can be mad at someone, you can disagree with them but in that same breath - you can still love them.

I do it everyday - with my leg not working, with my brain not being able to "comput" how it used to, with my body that gets tired 30 minutes after getting up, with people who don't understand - don't try to understand - me - everyone.

So, there it is me - me getting real.
Love can change the world.
The Love God give will change the world

 


No comments: