Friday, May 4, 2012

Truly…

“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”

 

It always amazes me when I hear others talking about wanting to get on the drug I am on…the parp.  It truly amazes me when I think about all the plans God had laid out for me before... WAY before I knew what was going to happen…way before I was even born.  It truly amazes me that my first chemo stopped working right when it did, that the parp trial was open, that I got in with NO effort, that the trial was/is available right here in Austin, that they parp people emailed Dr. H to tell her they want me to have an endless parp supply and the endless things that were laid out for me before I ever even thought about cancer.

 

I had a PET scan yesterday and got my results today…”absolutely boring” is what she told me…I told her I will take boring and good-bye ANY day when we are reading scans.

 

6 months as “NED” No Evidence Of Disease as a triple negative stage IV person is kind of unheard of…and you know what I say to that…well, what does 10 years, then 20 years, then 50 years as a “NED Triple Negative Stage IV” look like?? – Oh, it looks like ME!!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Renee,
(((((hugs)))) I am so happy to hear your results were NED.And I agree God has a plan for us all.It really is amazing isn't it?My husband and I had a life changing experience 16 years ago.I almost lost him.But God had bigger plans.One of them was my daughter who was born three years later.
Anne

Michelle said...

Congratulations! What an amazing way celebrate God's plan! I am so happy for you.
Michelle Conner

Nicole B. said...

Thrilled for you!

Unknown said...

Happy to hear about your results. Sending you much love.

SuperDee! said...

Renee,
Awesome news!!!! You're amazing, girl! :-)
Hugs, Dinora

Nancy said...

I am a lurker from Fort Worth. Amen, I say!

Christa said...

Wishing you many, many NEDs in your life for years to come. Going for my two year check up tomorrow, fingers crossed.