Saturday, May 12, 2012

34…


34…when I was “younger” I looked at 34 as wow, old.  I now look at 34 and think so much more; blessed, family, love, happiness, adventures to come, memories to cherish, goals to reach, dreams to come true and oh so much more.

I just watched a movie called “You Bought a Zoo” and there was in a line in it that I think we all need to live by, “you only need to be courageous for 20 seconds.” If you blow it and make yourself look like a fool – only well, it is only 20 seconds.  BUT it might be magical, all your dreams could come true from that 20 seconds of courage…20 seconds of courage.

I feel with every birthday I get a little more courageous.  A little more me.  A little more ready to fully live.

In my 34th year, I want to:

Stay cancer free

Love my family and friends as much as possible

Stay in the moment

Be brave and step out of my comfort zone with Embracing Life, Love & Art – send my stuff to people; go into shops to ask them to sell my stuff and much more!

Travel…a lot.  We are going to Florida in May, Michigan in June, Schlitterbahn in July, California in August, beach sometime in October and there is a Disney cruise talk going on with my mom!  We are planning a Virgin Isle trip with Eric’s family for next February…that is what I am talking about!

I REALLY want to get an RV and travel around and do craft shows.  I am still working on that!

Swim a mile straight (with a snorkel…I don’t care, I can’t get my stroke/breath down)

Read my bible daily…even it is only for one minute, I want to be able to say, “I have read my bible EVERYDAY since I turned 34” (I totally stole this idea from Eric!)

Paint everyday

From my 34th year…I want to be able to look back on it when I am 90 years old and say, yeap, that was the year I really learned to live…bravely.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Renee,
What a beautiful post.And it is so true isn't it.Thank you for such an inspirational post.Wishing you the happiest of Mothers Day!
Anne

Unknown said...

check out this website: http://odb.org/ Our Daily Bread. My mom has subscribed to the paper edition for years and loves it. I enjoy the online version.