Monday, February 27, 2012

Trying not to dwell on it…

I don’t get why people say certain things – do they not think about whom they are talking to, the effects their words could have on a person or do they just not care?
I am still really shook up about this...more so, completely stumped and dumbfounded as to why this person would think it was ok to say this to me.

While picking Ian up at school, a lady asked me if I saw her FB post this weekend. I told her no. She said, “yeah, my old neighbor passed away from cancer…triple negative…it was super aggressive…she was scanned in December and all clear and now…”

Really??

Really??? This is what you are telling me, a stage IV triple negative person, who thinks about a clear scan one month and then not everyday…and will continue to think of it every day of my life?

I don’t get it…I would NEVER in a million years say this to anyone with ANY form of cancer. And I didn’t know the person who passed away – yes, my heart goes out to her family and children, but why in the world is someone telling me this?

I am not a confrontiall person, so of course I didn’t say anything – I should have, but I didn’t. I didn’t know what to say…I was stunned, p*ssed, hurt, sad, scared - all at once and I am still trying to let it go.

So please people, think about what you say and who you are saying it to...it does make a difference.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well, anyone who starts out a conversation with "did you read my facebook post?" is not going to say anything worth while. So sorry Renee! You did the only polite thing by saying nothing at all, but man could you have kicked her in the balls.

Unknown said...

True that - I should know to tune out when I hear those words!