Friday, February 10, 2012

A bit of catch up

Wow, time really does fly when you are having fun – I guess…or I just haven’t felt like writing – maybe a little of both!


We just got back from a family trip, with jus the 3 of us. We went on a cruise to Progresso and Cozumel, Mexico. It was really great to get away and be with the 3 of us, but it was really nice coming home yesterday, getting unpacked, chopping up salad stuff for a few days and settling back into “normal.”  I will post pictures at some point next week!

Ian was ready to be home as well – it is so funny how much of me I see him and how much that it drives me crazy too! He didn’t want to do the “camp” there, aka daycare. But I totally get it; I wouldn’t want to be thrown in a room with a bunch of strangers and be expected to warm up to them and start playing within a few minutes. SO, he hung out with us the whole time…which looking back, I am glad he was with us. We all started driving each other a bit crazy by the end, but hey – that is what makes us family!

Treatment started up again today. I saw Dr. H, and asked her a few questions that I have been wondering about lately. I wanted to get more details on my latest PET scan and the details were that there aren’t ANY details to get! I asked her if my bones were still lighting up in the scan and NOPE they aren’t – for those of you who aren’t versed in “pet talk” no light up means no uptake which means no cancer! She told me I am NED NED – double NED!

I really almost feel out of my chair when she told me this. I didn’t expect to hear this absolutely great news.

I also asked her if I will stay on this parp indefinitely, and the answer is yes – well kind of. This parp is still not FDA approved, so I am still in a trial. As long as the trial people still feel like I am helping their cause, I will still get the medicine. But like she said, I couldn’t be helping their anymore than I am. She isn’t concerned that I will be kicked out and not get the parp.

I am still in awe of the miracle that has taken place within me both physically and spiritually this past year. I think about all the tiny little details that God had to line up to make this happen...and it not only happened, it happened in a HUGE way!

I will get a CT in mid March, still get my treatment every Monday & Friday and continue to carry on with life and be thankful for all the tiny little details that God doesn’t ever overlook.

No comments: