Saturday, December 3, 2011

Maintenance

Well, yesterday was the first day of maintenance for me.

So many emotions ran through me yesterday: excitement of not being on chemo, scared of not being on chemo, hesitant of what is to come…and so much more.

It wasn’t as easy of a day as I had hoped for though. After the blood work came back, I was told I need another blood transfusion – my red counts are lower than they have ever been….so I am writing this from the hospital waiting on my blood to arrive.

After getting my blood drawn at the hospital, I left after being there too long only to receive a phone call from the nurse who drew my blood – she spelled my name wrong on the type and cross and I needed to go back to get more blood drawn – to say the least, I was pretty much done with yesterday.

This does explain why I have been so exhausted this past week in the evenings – exhausted as in going to bed to around 7:00 and sleeping all night.

After seeing my Dr again yesterday though, all the frustrations I had from the last appointment were totally gone. She was so excited about me being on just the parp and told me I am her only patient on just the parp – we are blazing new territory together. It is exciting, scary and so much more. She said she didn’t know what the trial company was going to say about me being on just the parp – which explains so much.

Bring on life without chemo!

5 comments:

Snuzi said...

Congrats girl! I continue to pray for you!

Sherwoods said...

I'm sorry about the rough day at the hospital and hope that the transfusion will boost your energy. I am continuing to pray for you (ALWAYS) and your doctor.
Love and miss you,
Marci

Unknown said...

So excited for you to be done with chemo!! I also hope that the blood transfusion will boost your energy! On a side note, I made some cards recently & it made me think of you!! Hang in there & keep blogging!

meganruth09 said...

Prayers for a recovery of your energy and a wonderful holiday season. I hope that you are as inspired this Christmas as you have inspired all of us who are following your story. Love you, and always thinking about/praying for you!!
Megan

Monica said...

My lady.. its like the breakthrough of sunshine after the storm! I'm glad your doctor is optimistic, even though that last session was hard. Hope you are feeling better this week!