Monday, August 29, 2011

Chemo Chronicles 3.4 – 3.6

I am not really sure if I should “count” Mondays as a chemo being as it is a parp and not really chemo. But my thoughts are – if I am getting poked in the port, it is a treatment.

I am very happy to say that last Friday was MUCH better than the first and today being my second Monday there; it is getting better every day. The nurses are just as kind and loving as the other office and I am starting to get know to them - which does make it easier.

It seems my new schedule of events are: Friday – treatment…tired after treatment and am ready for bed around 7:30 or 8:00, Saturday – sleep in and feel pretty good…start going downhill around 4:00, Sunday – feel a little more queasy…if I take medicine to make me not feel queasy I pass out for 2.5 – 3 hours, Monday – parp treatment and tired at night…I am tired but not down and out and each day seems to get a little better than the last. I have learned that going to be around 8:00 – 8:30 is just the easiest way for me to feel better quicker – not exciting but worth it.

We are heading out of town, so don’t be alarmed when I don’t write for over a week – the wolves haven’t taken over! Speaking of the wolves, your comments mean a lot to me. I have taken these little pieces to heart and really know they are words of truth and love. I am learning to be gentle with myself – I am hoping on vacation I can spend some time healing both physically and emotionally. And I need to remind myself we are all in a process of understanding and loving ourselves and each other – it doesn’t just happen without work and more than likely even after doing a lot work…it still takes more work.

Post a Comment