Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A fine line

A fine line


between too much

and not enough

A fine line

between care about me

care for me

and

leave me the hell alone

A fine line

between asking how I am

and

ignoring the fact I go to chemo 3 out of 4 weeks

A fine line

between my smiles

and

my tears

A fine line

I walk everyday

A fine line

that sometimes

I am on both sides

at once

Neither side is better

Neither side is easier

Neither side is safer

A fine line

of feeling good

of feeling like shit

A fine line

of living in limbo

of not knowing what tomorrow will bring

A fine line

that can blur all too easily


I actually wrote this back in March, right after I started chemo...
I still feel this way most days...
It is hard to walk to the line...

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Renee,
Your expression in this poem is so on point and it makes me...sad, angry (at myself), regretful...and I hope I have expressed myself to you - as your friend and as someone who loves you dearly - how much I care.