Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So what:

So what I run 12 minute miles –

I can run 12 miles at a time.

So what I don’t keep a clean house-

It is a home

Full of love and life

So what I can’t spell-

That is what spell check is four (KIDDING!!)

So what I am an info-mercial junky

I do want an easier

More exciting way

To do mundane things

So what I get nervous in big crowds

I can still work a small one

So what I am a walking contradiction

I cry only to a select few

My heart is mine to share with whom I chose

But I let small things affect my heart

My heart is soft on the inside

But I try to make it hard on the outside

If not, I would cry for all to see

So what I can’t organize my office

I am creative

I shouldn’t be

“organized”

So what I use all my cell phone minutes

I have lots of friends and family

Who I love

And love to talk to

So what I get scared

At home alone

That is what Eric is for

To protect me

So what I had cancer

Lots of good emerged

My faith

My fears

My dreams

My love for

Me

 
This was written sometime around November, 2010.  I was training for a 1/2 marathon - it didn't happen. I did run 12 miles once. 
I will run 12 miles again.
All of this still holds true.

4 comments:

Gina said...

I love it!

Monica said...

I love it, too! *fist pump* ! :)

Deborah said...

I love this...yes, you will run again!

Sherwoods said...

I get scared when I'm home alone at night too! I used to sleep with my glasses on when Todd was out of town... isn't that a funny visual? Terribly uncomfortable but it made me feel better because at least I'd be able to see the imagined intruder. :)

You will run Renee.