Friday, May 20, 2011

Chemo Chronicle 2.6

Today started like any other Friday – got up, g0t us together, pack lunch, got Ian ready and left around 8:15. Ian and Parker were beyond excited to see each other – which is so funny since they really see each other every day.

Got to TOC, got called right back to see a new nurse practitioner who I loved! Blood levels are great – even up from last week….odd right? We talked about my hot flashes and my totally drunken state after I take my medicine for neuropathy (condition that make my hands and feet feel tingly and numb) (and seriously this medicine makes me loopy lou).

We went to chemo room, sat in middle of the room by a friend, chatted a bit and then worked on necklaces. It was an odd vibe in the chemo room today – I am not sure if it was because we were in the middle verses in the corner where we are totally to ourselves and can be in our own little world or what? It was eerily quite and still – kind of like the calm before the storm – luckily there was no storm while we were there.

I did ask that they cut my steroid dosage in half because I am a puffed up blimp – I feel like I am swollen as I was when I was pregnant – no fun! They did, so here’s hoping to de-puffing!

I can’t believe this was my 6th chemo. These treatments are flying by. Fridays come and go now and I just keep track of the number of treatments and keep thanking God for my healthy cancer free body.

I pretty much have the week down to a science though which is really nice. Friday morning I feel great, after treatment I am all kinds of loopy and tired, Friday night I have to crash early. Saturday morning I wake up feeling great – it is really odd…it lasts most of the day then Saturday night, down early. Sunday and Monday I feel blah, tired and achy…nothing too bad but I do get a little irritable with people – I try not to. I usually go to bed around 7:30 or 8:00 and sleep all through the night. Tuesday I wake up and can tell I turned the corner – I feel good – not great yet but really good. I am able to work out, play with Ian all day and hold up my end of the bargain as a mommy. Wednesday and Thursday I am back to myself – energy is back, achiness is gone and I say bye-bye to the blahs. It is really weird how it works but all in all, it isn’t bad at all.

I am REALLY looking forward to my scan on Wednesday! If you are the praying type, please say a thank You to God on my behalf for a cancer free body! I figure the more messages we get into Him that I am already cancer free the more likely it is to happen.

One last thing - I have decided to start teaching creative classes again on Thursday nights and my off week!  I am really excited about this because I have really missed the teaching part of my creating.  Whoot, whoot to feeling normal on Thursdays!
Post a Comment