Sunday, May 15, 2011

My birthday

All I can say is wow! Wow to what awesome friends I have. They threw me a hats & scarf party on Thursday night and it was just what I needed. Yummy food, wine – yes a little too much for me, mini cupcakes from Caprimo (just two for me!), great pictures of the evening and most importantly an abundance of wonderful friends.
It really was a magical evening with the girls. After they sang happy birthday, I cried – for me, for my wish to be cancer free forever, for my wonderful friends, for my broken heart being healed a little every day, for it all – I cried to cleanse and make room for the new. I think there were more tears flowing than just mine so to add fuel to the fire, I decided it was a good time for me to read what I wrote:

You girls –

You girls are my rocks

My net of love

My strength

You girls

Each holds a piece of my heart

And each has helped paint my soul

You girls

Make me laugh

Make me cry

Sometimes make me scream

You girls

Are my light

When my road gets dark

You girls

Are the chorus

To my song

And without it

My song would be flat

And boring

You girls

Are more than friends

Are more than I could ever have imagined in my life

I love you girls.

This is to all the girls in my life – those there and those not able to be there.

I loved every minute of the night.

I loved the laughing, the hugging, the remembering, the sharing of stories with new and old, the enjoying the moment – the pure moment of the night.

When Amanda left, she told me, “You look happy, really happy.”

She summed it up with those simple words.

I am happy – happy to be where I am today, tomorrow and always.










5 comments:

Sherwoods said...

Beautiful girls, beautiful hats, beautiful friends... so glad to see you had a wonderful celebration!

love,
Marci

Angela said...

Happy birthday ... was thinking of you all weekend!

lltanderson said...

renee, you look beautiful. happy belated birthday!

Nicole B. said...

Happy belated birthday!

Book Nerd_est1979 said...

Happy Belated, Belated Birthday. I never realized we were the same age. When Ed and I were dating and I woul see Eric at functions, before you, I always thought he was such a nice guy. I wished I knew a single girl to set him up with (he didn't know that). It is so nice to see that he met and married such an amazing person. I know we hardly know each other, but reading your blog I feel like I do. :)