Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chemo Chronicle 2.5

Ugh, I have been waking up around 5:00, wide awake, uncomfortable and not able to get back to sleep. My body is still very tired so I don’t feel like getting up – I wish I did. Then I go back to sleep around 6:00 – 6:45 and without fail I have the weirdest dreams – odd.
Anyway, we were all up and rolling at 6:45. Eric and Ian had several sweet cards for me and Eric got me a new silver band – my wedding and engagement bands don’t fit my chemo/steroid swollen finger. Makes me sad not to be able to wear something, so he got me this simple band – I really love it!

8:10 we were out the door heading to Gina’s to drop off Ian. Parker and Ian were like kids in a candy store when Ian got there – you would think they never saw each other – it is super sweet though.

8:45 appointment. I didn’t have to see anyone today, so it was straight to the infusion room for blood draw and treatment.

My nurse who poked my port today was WONDERFUL!! And after she was done I told her, “wow, you are great!” and you would have thought I just told her - You won a million dollars! She was so grateful for me to tell her that she was great at that and thank you. I can’t imagine how beat down they get with people b*tching and moaning all day – why are doing this, why am I still here, blah, blah, blah.

I actually didn’t take anything with me to work on today because I needed some sleep. I knew if I had stuff to do I wouldn’t sleep. I watched The Office, and then turned on Pandora and cat napped.

11:00 done!! Busting out of this joint. It was funny, when I was getting “unhooked” a friend came over to chat and she turned her head away – not to see what was happening on me. I feel the same way, I have no idea what the needle in my chest looks like being put in or out and am completely fine with that.

We went to eat at Jorge’s – a super yum Mexican food place that uses free range/grass feed meat!

12:30 home and in bed. Gina said she was fine having Ian until 2:30 ish, so I decided I really needed to get some real rest.

1:30 ish – got text from Josie telling me Gina ran over her phone – I had to laugh!!

All in all this has been a great day. I already feel better than I did last Friday, so here is to hoping tomorrow is easy cheesy!

No comments: