Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chemo chronicle 2.4

I felt totally rushed in the morning and out of sorts and I am not sure why – my appointment wasn’t until 9:45 – it was kind of odd. BUT I did use my vitamix blender this morning and made a yummy smoothie – apple (core and all), strawberries (stems included), blueberries, about 2 cups of spinach and chocolate protein powder = yumm deli umcious!
After much running around makin’ smoothies, packing Eric and me salads and getting all the stuff I wanted to work on together, we were off. Ian couldn’t have been happier to be dropped off at Parker’s house and Eric and I were off.

We walked into an almost dark office – the power had gone out. Crazy. Not sure if that was the hold up or what, but we waiting quit awhile to see Dr. H. In the meantime talked to the financial lady about our deductibles and stuff, got my port poked (which was a piece of cake today!!) and played this stupid game with Eric that he found on his phone – all in all, good times! After Dr H came in, we talked about my upcoming scan. She is VERY optimistic of great results – I told her I already have my mind on it being ALL gone!!

Got in infusion room with no big drama, counts were all great and good to go. I did have an extra bag of bone strengthener added today, so that added on a little more time. I worked on card packs that I am donating to my church, Eric worked on rigging his phone’s wi-fi to his computer because theirs was down, whatever – I am never really sure what he is doing!

I knew I felt different as soon as I got home – I was really loopy and tired and stayed that way for the rest of the day. I am thinking the extra bag really took it out of me and now all I want is a HAMBURGER – a big juicy hamburger…just like when I was preggers. My iron levels were the only ones that were low so bring on the meat! Eric went and got me one after Ian was down because Ian was NOT having going out to eat – whatever, this was easier! After eating way too much, I passed out on the couch at 8:30. You would think it was 2:30 a.m. I was drunk and just downed some Whataburger – not the case!!
Post a Comment