Monday, March 21, 2011

The wind storm

How do you stay still in the middle of a wind storm?
I am not sure.

“I cannot change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” Jimmy Dean

Eric and I were sitting on the couch while mom and Marci were fluttering about cleaning and organizing (because lets be real, some things I am not good at) and he said, I guess this is something we need to get used to….sitting still while others aren’t. I asked how we keep still in the middle of a wind storm. Get to the middle…the center of a tornado is still (not really sure I believe him with that, but we will go with it for now!)

So, how do we as a family get to the middle of the tornado, hunker down and stay still?

At church yesterday, our pastor preached about claiming our wholeness. He explained there are two perceptions when we think of asking for things. We feel 100% different about asking our boss for a raise and not knowing what the answer will be verses when our boss asks us to do a project for him and we already know what the answer will be. The point was when I, we, everyone prays, I shouldn’t ask for me to be healed, cured, fixed (yes, I feel broken), etc. I need to know I am already whole and healed in His eyes and I need to pray this way. I need to pray from a place where I am already cured, where I am already free of disease, where I am already with my son who is grown and I was there to see it all happen.

What I ask of you is to pray from a place of gratitude, grace and light. Don’t pray from a place of desperation, fear and anger.

Don’t pray: Dear God, please let me have a healthy pregnancy.

Instead pray, Dear God, thank You for my healthy baby.

For me I pray, Dear God, thank You for my healthy body and every little cell being well. Thank You for the long life ahead of me full of love, laughter and light.

“You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you change yourself. That is something you are in charge of.” Jim Rohn

I am trying….trying as hard as I can to find this place, to know I am in charge of me, my thoughts, my love for myself and others, my everything. I am trying to find my middle safe place but man alive, right now I do feel like I have been sucked up into the tornado and am flying around with the cows.

5 comments:

Staci said...

Such a great post. Very inspiring.

Tarah said...

You words are so beautiful and so true. You, Eric, Ian and your family are always on my mind. You will find the middle and when you do you will make it beautiful, just like you. Love you Renee and we will be praying and thanking God for your healthy body.

Unknown said...

Love you friend! I live right by you so PLEASE. let me help you in any way.
Shannon Best

Hannah said...

Renee, you are so inspirational!! I will be praying for
your healthy, beautiful self!! Xoxo

Salling Family said...

Renee,
I got an update email from Marci. Know that you and your precious family are in our prayers. I pray for your grace and strength and that you continue to be an inspiration to us all.