Monday, May 10, 2010

Two for One tonight.

First off – HOLY SHEET I DID IT, I DID IT, I. DID. IT!! I swam the full ½ mile in 22 minutes tonight. And before I swam that, I swam an additional 400 meters, so really I swam ¾ mile tonight, all without drowning. But the most amazing thing happened about half way through my 800 (that’s a ½ - which took me a long time to realize!) I got it. It all came together, all the drills I had been doing, all the panic washed away and I got it, I got into a natural rhythm, my breath was normal and I wasn’t about to hyperventilate (which was all too common on my swims). I am on cloud 9. I wasn’t exactly sure I was going to be able to swim the whole ½ without flipping to backstroke or changing strokes, but I did, I did, I DID!!!

Follow Up on HA HA HA post. So, I got home and Eric said, guess who called me tonight? Hell, I don’t know – who? The park dad’s WIFE. WTF?!?! I thought – they aren’t looking for anything “nasty” are they?!?! No, she was calling with a “business opportunity” for us. Is this a circuit they have going, was Eric used – poor guy, his first park pickup turned out not to be out of love but out of scam.

Either way, still funny as all get out to have this happen to my sweet and innocent hubby. Don’t worry sweetie, there will be a true park pickup in your future!

1 comment:

Erin C said...

That's hilarious!! You'll have to describe this dad to me in case he ever tries to pick up Brad.

And note to us on how not to run our respective businesses. Sheesh!! You'll have to tell me more about her "business opp" sometime.