Friday, March 26, 2010

A drunken post

Eric is out watching the MSU basketball game and I have now had 3, okay 4 glasses of wine – YIKES!

I had a hard day – we left the house at 8:30, swam 40 minutes, Jungle Java, lunch, toy shopping for b-day party this evening, Ian napped a mere hour, bike around neighborhood and then to park, played, bike home, b-day party, bath, dinner and wine – and a lot of thinking done in between all this.

I am sad – I have a love/hate relationship with reading shit on facebook. Everyone seems to do the shred and lose all this weight, while I did/do the shred and do at least an hour of cardio a day, lift weights 2 days a weeks – which in my mind equals a lot more calorie burn than the f-in shred, I have yet to lose more than 2 – 4 measly ass pounds. IT PISSES ME OFF. I want to be strong AND lean, I want to do tri but be thin, I want the world on a silver plate. J

Let’s see – what else do I want to talk about while sitting here; actually a little tipsier than I thought – oops – okay, here is a good one. Ian – I KNOW I need to potty train him, I KNOW I need to get him off the bubby, I KNOW I baby him too much – but who cares?!?! I mean, really – he is 2.5 yrs old – he has his whole life to be a grown up, so I will promise anyone who is concerned about the about this: he won’t go to kindergarten with a bubby and he won’t turn 4 without being potty trained – so what if I have to change a few more diapers – it won’t kill me; and him and I might be a better team because of it. And speaking of him and growing up, really – I am in no hurry to make him grow up and be independent – I love that he needs/wants me to play with him – yes, it is a pain in my ass sometimes, but I know the time will come where he thinks I am so uncool he can’t be seen with me, so I will cherish the times he wants me to play like I am talking like a penny!

Finally, I love staying at home with Ian, I hate cleaning house, I hate trying to be organized, I sometimes like cooking, I love working out, I love doing card classes buy hate organizing the pre-class, learning to express my feelings is really hard and I have had a pile of small laundry on the couch to fold for 2 days – welcome to Team S!!

1 comment:

Sherwoods said...

Wish I'd been drinking with you! Ok, I have some unpopular advice... quit Facebook. Has anything positive come out of Facebook for you personally? And I mean really positive. Reading about other people's lives and feeling better about your own doesn't count. (only saying that cause that's what I did for a little bit lol) If not, then just quit FB because we already have WAY too many negatives in our life and who needs one more time/brain drain.

An on to the positive! You are an amazing mom to Ian and only you know what is best for him and the time frame that is best for him. So it that means potty training at 4, so be it! You always inspire me and I wish I was there to hang with you in person, especially over several bottles of wine, and have a good cry with you. Anyway, enough rambling from me... this is sort of like a voicemail I would leave you.... vague, all over the place and long. I love you and miss you. Keep your chin up!

Marci