Friday, December 12, 2008

People Person

I have always known I love being around people, talking with others and most of all laughing with others – some things are just better with others! I didn’t realize how much I missed being around people on a daily basis until this week. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am around people (Eric and Ian) daily, but I am not around different people daily. Ian doesn’t really talk – he makes me laugh all the time but no real stories come from him and Eric isn’t what I would call a big chit chatter. He is a great listener, but come on, even I can only talk SO much. Eric realized the other night that I need to be around people more often – when we were talking, in the middle of a conversation, I just busted out of nowhere how much I love the crazy little tree in our living room. He said, you really need to see and talk to more people daily.
I do talk on the phone daily but it just isn’t the same and being in a group of people, chit chatting and laughing.
Yesterday and today, I went to have lunch with friends whom I know from work – past and present. I haven’t felt so good in some time and I know it is because of my outings.
Being around people is like a battery charger for me. I feel alive when talking to others and even more so laughing with them. So to all those in my life who make me laugh, over the phone or in person, thank you. You will never know how much talking with each and every one of you – on the phone or in person, how much it means to me and how much it lights up my life.

No comments: