Monday, December 15, 2008

I DON’T WANT TO GO…

In my best 4 year-old voice of a child (me at 4) not wanting to go to the doctor. Now, I won’t make Eric chase me around the car to catch me in order to have to physically drag me into the office like I used to do to my mom – and I WONDER where Ian gets his stubbornness from?!?! This has been the only Monday thus far that I really don’t want to go. I am trying and trying hard to think – it won’t be as bad as last time because I am not sick this time and maybe, hopefully, my blood counts are all still high enough that my dr. will say we can decrease the shot amount tomorrow; therefore, I won’t feel like I have the flu mixed with growing bones Wednesday – Friday and finally, I have to think, after today, I only have TWO more treatments. That is really all I can think of right now - TWO MORE. I remember how excited I was after my first one when I thought, hey, I only have 7 more. Two more I can do, it is like the 2 miles of a marathon – or so I think – I have never ran more than a 10k and that about did me in! J
But yes, today, I have a case of the Mondays and just want to stay in bed and act like none of this is really happening. But it is, so here I am, just finished breakfast, have my numbing cream on my port and waiting for Eric to get back from taking Ian to school so we can go. And to make matters worse – well not really, but I feel like being a baby right now so I will lay it on thick – it is freaking freezing outside. And under normal circumstances, the cold makes my bones hurt anyway and now, well, I just don’t like the cold!

3 comments:

Sherwoods said...

Hey there!
I will call you from the car in a few minutes but I just wanted to say that I've been specifically praying that you will not have the bone pain this time around. Of course, I still pray for other things, like total healing, etc but I just wanted to let you know that I am doing my best to will and pray bone pain away. You can do this!!!! love you!

Marci

Monica said...

Good luck today! I'm sending you spirit fingers (like in Bring It On). We need to get you a countdown counter..:)

Unknown said...

I need to find a gadget to count me down