Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Loopy Lo

I ended up having to take my back-up medicine yesterday around 3:00 because I was feeling a tad bit queasy – and they said as soon as I feel it, take it, so I did. Well, for those of you who know how Benedrill (spelling - not even spell check with correct it!) effects me, think of that times 3. I pretty much slept on and off from 3:30 – 5:00 until Eric and Ian got home. I went and laid in bed around 6:30 because my stomach was just blah. I spelt from 6:30 to 8:00, got up had some yummy bread that Amy brought over and chicken broth. Now to most that sounds horrible, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE chicken broth – kind of odd, I know! Then back to bed around 9:30 – 5:30 when Ian woke up (hey, it is better than 3:30 for an hour or two) and I felt fine, so I got up and rocked him. He wanted to get up, so I let him walk around, where he promptly walked to the kitchen and wanted a bottle – this has got to stop. BUT, he won’t take Motrin, which he needed, without it being in a bottle – spoiled?? NO, not all!! Eric feed him the bottle and he passed back out until 7:15.

After breakfast with my boys, they took off and I have been doing some email and trying to take it easy – UGH, this is going to be the hardest part of this jazz – taking it easy is hard. I am reading a Eat, Pray, Love and author is talking about us as Americans have such a hard time RELAXING doing nothing – so true, so true.

I have to go get a shot of Neulasta today at 1:15. I will have to get this shot the day after every chemo infusion to boost my white blood cell count. It may or may not cause bone pain – here’s hoping for NOT!

I will call everyone back sometime this week – hopefully today but if not some time soon.
xoxo

3 comments:

Monica said...

I LOVE that book.. it helped me understand so much about where I was going in life. :) The author is pretty inspiring..

Hope today goes well!

Beth said...

I hope you feel well after the shot, I can't actually imagine what bone pain is!?!?!? Glad you are enjoying the book! :)

Unknown said...

hugs!