Saturday, October 18, 2008

Heart-felt

Is all I can say about the card making experience this afternoon. Today was the day Meg arranged for everyone to come and take part in the card making event for “cards for a cause” – the fund raiser she made happen on our behalf.

It was so fun to see everyone there enjoying themselves making cards for the over 100 card packets that were sold – that is over 1,000 cards that needed to be made.

I think 700 cards or so were actually made this afternoon and they were working hard when Ingrid, my mother-in-law, and I left around 4:00. I hated to leave but I was getting tired and needed to call it a day in order to have any energy left for the evening at home.

I can’t say enough how much this whole experience meant to me and will mean to us when I don’t feel like cooking – just knowing we will have dinner together and I won’t have to be responsible for cooking it will be one of the biggest stress relievers yet.

So for everyone who helped with this in anyway, thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is so amazing to see how many people I do and don’t know who bought cards to help support us. I feel truly loved and even more blessed.

No comments: