Thursday, January 3, 2019

Learning something new

Learning something new




I don’t always realize how stubborn I can be. Especially while I’m the moment of being stubborn... I will dig my heals into the ground and get pulled across a field just for the sake of me not wanting to surrender to whatever it is I am fighting.


Now, don’t get me wrong - this stubborn attitude has gotten me far in life - in SOME areas. I am going to hold on to that stubborn side of myself - ain’t no one going to take that fire from me! 


But the other side being stubborn is getting on my nerves. I think it is because as I watch my son grow through adolescence, his stubbornness about things he THINKS he already knows...the ins and outs of EVERYTHING. 


EV-RE THING 🙄


So that is what made me start taking notice of my own actions when learning something new.


I have said too many times: 

  • oh, I already know how to do that
  • I have done something like X before, so this will be no problem and I don’t need to listen  
  • what else could I need to learn?


If you don’t see that pattern here, it is me being too stubborn/too proud to admit I DON’T know it all, there are SO many different ways to do one thing that I should not assume my experience is the same as someone else’s,  AND everything takes practice!


I have watched art videos and honestly thought I should be able to paint right along with the TRAINED artist who has done said technique for who knows how long. And that my FIRST time painting this way, that my painting should turnout as great as the teacher I am watching. 


It sounds completely ridiculous to me right now while I am writing this out.


Because why on earth would I think I could spend 1 -2 hours working on a NEW style of art and have it mastered?? 


I shouldn’t think that.


I need to recognize the hard work, time, energy, thoughts, heart breaks, joys, frustration, glee and everything else that I know goes into learning and mastering something.


I have done it before in other areas of my life, so I need to remember to look back on those times when I had no idea what I was actually doing, but kept at it, kept trying, kept tweaking, kept on keeping on...with determination to get to wherever was I had my sights set on.


My first thing I am dedicated to learning in 2019: Rome wasn’t built in a day. Yes, silly analogy but oh so true. Every great thing, every great person, all the great lessons out there being taught by people who have walked the walk...all of this is teaching me that I will not actually get anywhere without simply taking one step at a time.


Can it really be that simple?


I don’t know, but I am going to see?!?!

3 comments:

Annnastacia Glen said...

My Ex and I broke up 1 year and 2 months ago and i was six months pregnant. We both love each other and it was a shock to me and it really broke my heart. I tried to call him and both of his lines were disconnected. I tried to reach him on social networks but he deleted me off of them. I tried to reach his parents and they told me that their son said that he does not love me and does not want to see me and they do not know what is wrong. I cried and cried everyday because I loved him very much. Until I gave birth and the baby was one year old, I could not get my love back. Again, I was confused. I do not know what to do and I also lost my job and I have no money to take care of the baby. I was miserable in life so I cried to my sister and told her my problem and said that she knew of one powerful spell caster that helped her when she could not get pregnant. I contacted him by email and he said he will help me and told me that a woman cast a spell upon my man and said he will help me break the spell so my man will come back to me and be mine forever. It was a great surprise to me that everything that he said came to pass. My man came back to me immediately, saying that I should forgive him. I am sending a very big thank you to this powerful and real spell caster. I pray for him to live long and do more of his wonderful work. If you have any kind of problem disturbing you in life, you have to contact this powerful spell caster! He can help you. He will not disappoint you, I give you 100% guarantee that he will help you, Here’s his contact: Email him at: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com , you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348160153829

Isabella Lucas said...

My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

MATINA said...

I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.