Saturday, June 23, 2018

Happenings here in Cancerland

This is the first time in a long time that I don’t have anything in particular to write about…which is a really good thing! 

To me – not having anything to write about means nothing out of the ordinary has been happening!

But that isn’t how I want to look at it because many things out of my ordinary have been happening – just not health crisis!

I really pray this is my new ordinary. 

I was asked to be on a panel to talk about blood cancer for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. I was there as a patient who has been through a bone marrow transplant to give real life examples of the recovery process and life after a transplant. 

I LOVED it! I loved sitting up there getting to talk (yes, I do love to talk!), share my experience and most of all HOPE! 

I have another presentation scheduled Aug. 4 at Austin Cancer Rehab. This one is titled “Control” – how to stay in control when your world is falling apart. I am SO excited to start giving talks. I feel like this is the beginning of something big to come! I imagine myself giving talks to large audiences all over…what a fun thing to dream about!

I have gotten on AND stayed on the workout wagon! This is so exciting to me because…well – it isn’t the easiest thing for me BUT I feel amazing. I am not exactly sure what is making me feel so great and even if it isn’t the working out, I know it sure isn’t hurting me so I will continue. 

I am back to painting again, and it feels good…not great but good. I am struggling to find my new style. I am honing in on it, but I am not all the way there yet. 

I feel like there is more to tell, but I can’t think of anything at the moment. It is nice to be able to leave this on a really good note!

No comments: