Friday, April 6, 2018

Internal Therapy


Internal therapy


I found a new podcast called The One You Feed. I had heard this story before in church, but it was great to hear it again AND to be reminded I am NOT alone in this yin/yang happening inside of me.

The story goes, there was an old wise Indian man telling his grandson a story of 2 wolves that live inside of every person.  One wolf is kindness, happiness, hope, joy, love, etc. The other wolf is fear, criticize, lost, anger, hopelessness etc. 

The boy asked, which wolf wins? 

The old wise man simply said, the one you feed.

This is SUCH a great lesson for me.

I have been feeding the wrong wolf.

I am not even going to say “the bad wolf” because it is a part of me, and am learning to except, love and learn from ALL of me.

So, this morning it really clicked for me. I started back at PT earlier this week, and today at PT was hard. My first instinct was to criticize myself for letting myself take a step backwards in my physical being. 

To start feeding the wrong wolf. To egg it on, to continue to let it criticize me. Continue to agree with it.

But, I heard that small voice tell me, but YOU DID IT TODAY! You went, you worked hard, and you should be proud.

And yes…I DID IT TODAY!

I feed my feel good wolf today. And let me tell you – it feels great to have that wolf with me all day!

No comments: