Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Living with Graft vs Host

My fun never ends!!

I have developed (I guess that is correct word?) Graft vs Host from my bone marrow transplant.

What does that mean?

Graft is my new bone marrow...contains all my immune and blood cells in body.
Host is the rest of my body - my original DNA.

Graft immune cells are over active because they were activated to fight off my cold but they stayed on when they should have turned off. NOW they just attacking my body...mainly mucus membranes.

Where are membranes?
All the moist (hate that word) areas in body. My eyes, mouth and genital area are super dry and irritated.

I went a new post transplant doctor today, so I can more easily manage these effects without needing to drive to Dallas. 

I am excited about making a few changes and seeing a vision of me being completely healthy!

No comments: