Sunday, January 21, 2018

1 year ago today

While driving home from Costco today, Eric reminded me that his parents left Austin one year ago today.

His parents were here for 2.5 months while I was in the hospital for and after my bone marrow transplant. 

With me being a stay at home mom, his parents knew he couldn’t do it all and were so willing and able to help.

Eric and I were discussing all that I could NOT do when I got home verses now:
Drive - my leg was numb again from inflammation in my my body and therefore brain which numbs up my leg.
Walk - I could walk with my pole to balance me but I had zero endurance...seriously, walking around the house exhausted me.
Cook - again with the exhaustion thing.
Pick my son up from school

I KNOW there is so much I am forgetting (YES, I still and probably always will have chemo brain).

It is still crazy to me how much change in a year...SO CRAZY.


No comments: