Friday, September 29, 2017

Again and again

I know yall have heard me talk about this time and time again - over doing it.

Will I ever learn? Am I supposed to learn? 

I do feel like I learn something new every time I go through something like this, but then I feel like I learn the same thing over and over again. 

What is this elusive lesson I seem to learn over and over again - failure, being kind and gentle to myself and forgiveness. 

This past week I temporally forgot I wasn't superwoman and am trying to permitly remember I don't want to be either - way overrated. 

I was asked to paint 4 large paintings on a very tight timeline - like 8 days - and of course me thinking I was superwoman, I said yes.

I worked hard on these pieces - like really hard. I really like the final outcome, but if 100% truth be told it isn't my exact style. 

And I am not even sure what is going to come from these paintings. This COULD be a big opening for me into intererior art, BUT I have learned what I do and DON'T want - I do want to work in my own style and color palettes and if I don't someone wants me to paint something not my style, I still need creative freedom AND more time to work on and tweak.

So that sums up my week in a nutshell - OH and I had a CT and Bone scan today to top off this exciting week.

I am ready to crawl into bed for the weekend. 

No comments: