Monday, September 7, 2015

Three Years ago

Walking through the sand with the salt water drying on my skin – I felt a shift in me that I had been praying for for as long as I can remember. 

Sometimes the prayer is on the fore front of my mind.
Sometimes the prayer will slip to sleep until I wake up realizing things still hadn’t changed.

I went on with life thinking this prayer was going to go in the unanswered prayer bucket.

But the problem with that has always been, I really don’t believe in the unanswered prayer bucket. I believe all prayer get answered…maybe not the way I thought or hoped it would get answered, but I believe all the prayers out there will be answered in some way.

My prayer for so long was I just want to do what I could do before cancer.

This weekend marked 3 years ago that I had my first brain surgery which would later turn into three…but who is counting?!?! But the funny thing is, I didn’t even realize it. It was my sister-in-law who told me this while we were all at the beach. It had popped up on her Facebook Timeline. 


I guess even though I want to forget about this, it is really nice to be reminded, so I could see how far I have come.

Here is to many more beach trips and more adventures. 








No comments: