Monday, July 6, 2015

Alone

I will be honest, I have never lived by myself, but I do enjoy alone time.

Sometimes I wonder if I would enjoy having more time to myself and doing only what I want to do? Like wake up late, leave my paint stuff out, have no real schedule.

I have the answer now…NO. No I would not enjoy this all the time.

I have been alone for 5 days now with the guys out of town, and I have a new appreciation for Ian asking me for help, Eric coming home from work and giving me a kiss, Lucy being in the way every which way I turn.

I am ready to share my hours with them.


I have gotten a TON of painting done which makes me happy, but I can get that much done even when they are here. 

I have learned a few things about myself in these past few days:
I need a schedule,
I need someone to hold me to that schedule...if left to my own, I think I might just float in and out of things.  And it isn't that Eric holds me to a schedule, but when he is at work and has something to show for his day, I want to be able to do the same.

I need to chit chat...I like to talk!

I am pretty messy...I leave a trail of various items out all over the place.  I know I was like this before Eric and I got married and it drove others crazy, but I didn't see it.  I pick up when Eric is here because I don't like for him to go behind me and pick up my sh*t...BUT while he has been gone I haven't been picking up.  I now see I pick up not just so he doesn't need too...I don't like the mess either! I still have random crap here and there, but I know where that crap is...which is strange.

I have learned a lot this week being alone.  
I think most of all, I have learned to really appreciate what I have.


No comments: