Friday, September 26, 2014

Serenity Prayer

The Serenity Prayer
 God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
 and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did,
this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next.

Amen - See more at: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/serenity-prayer.html#sthash.ogetGbv6.dpuf

I have a hard, HARD time this time every year.
I see all this pink crap everywhere and ask myself:

I caught mine early...the first time
I was 30, should they lower the mamo age?
Where does ALL this money from all this pink crap really go??
Does it go to actually help us with the disease or does it go to make more pretty crap to make others think this horrible disease called Breast Cancer is all pink and pretty??
If it does do to people with Breast Cancer, how hard it is for them to request money for help?
How do these companies decide who needs help?

If you look at me today, you would NOT see a Stage 4, Triple Negative Breast Cancer, who has had 3 (yes THREE) brain surgeries from Breast Cancer.

I hope you will see a 36 year old, mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend and pissed of fighter for what I believe is wrong with this whole scene.

But in that pissed offness, I still need to remember I was at that stage once also:
I had NO idea my stage 1 could become a Stage 4 diagnosis.
I had NO idea breast cancer usually moves to bone, brain, lungs and liver.

So yes, in these coming weeks I plan on doing my part to educate.

No comments: