Thursday, September 18, 2014

No time

Do you have friends in your life that you rarely talk to on the phone, but when you do you are whisked away to those days that hold great memories of the two of you? And better yet, when you do talk - even if it had been more than 10 years, it seemed like you just talked last week?

I have those relationships with a lot of people in my life, and I know I am truly blessed to be able to stay in touch with so many people from all stages of my life.

I talked to a great friend yesterday who I used to work with at the bank. We didn't just work together, we were great friends...we laughed together (we actually got in trouble a few times at work for this!), we hung out, we brought each other into our lives outside of work.

Just like many friendships, life happened - I moved away, she moved away, married, kids - you get it.

But she needed some advice on a project she is working on for Survivors and needed to ask me my opinions on what she was planning.

When I called her back, I just said her name and we knew it was each other. I could hear the smile in her voice and I hope she could hear mine.

I LOVE that I have these connections still. I LOVE that through Facebook we are able to stay in touch with people from all seasons in our lives.

No comments: