Thursday, June 12, 2014

Therapy

At one point in my life, I would never write this.

I used to be embarrassed that I needed therapy of any kind.  I used to think I should be able to handle all this on my.

I used to think a lot things that I look back on and think, wow.  That is it stupid.

Honestly, I never knew one person could see so many different therapists at the same time. When people ask me what I do all day, I am so temped to say, “therapy. That is the long and short of it”

Seriously though here is a list of what I do:

Chemo therapy well.

You know, for that cancer bit and stuff.

I go for infusion once every 3rd week, and I take 6 chemo pills at home for 2 weeks on and one week off. So really I am on chemo about 70% of the time.

Head therapy.

Dr. H told me a few weeks ago that it was that time once again. To pick up my pieces and start moving forward.

I feel like a pack mule hauling all of my issues around.

She asked me if I ever went back to the therapist who she told me to go.  I told her I went 4 times and she looked at me with that mom look of really?!

She said that isn’t good enough.  I need to KEEP going.

She likes to remind me I have been dealing with cancer in some form for the past 6 years and 4 times at therapy isn’t going to work it all out.

I was prone to depression before all the started 6 years ago.

I guess chemo didn’t take that away for me.

So now I do talk therapy once a week.

Physical therapy.

Again, Dr. H was all up in my business about this too and told me it was time to go back.

I fought her on that for a long time too.

I didn’t want to go back.

It is hard.

It makes me tired.

It makes me sad.

Sad to see what I am not able to do anymore.

It pisses me off.

Going there and having to learn how to walk again for the 3rd  time now. It isn’t something that I want to admit I need help with.

Relearning how to walk, balance, gain strength back, avoid falls and so much more is so hard.

It is hard physically and emotionally. 

I mean, I used to be able to do so much and then one day I couldn’t – repeat times three.

Hypnotherapy

She didn’t tell me to do this, I just do it on my own.  I quit smoking about 10 years ago with hypnosis and I have never smoked again.  So to say the least, I am a be believer in it.  Eric thinks it is BS, but I think it depends on the person.

I tell him he just thinks he is too smart for it and roll my eyes at him.

I started back with hypnosis a few months for my anxiety, depression, confidence and any other lingering issues that seem to like to hang around.

I love it.

I know this doesn’t replace my talk therapy and my meds that I am on for depression and anxiety, but I like it.  If nothing else to help me relax for an hour.

Family and Friend Therapy

I am getting out again to be social again. 

I am learning to lean on others and not just Eric all the time.

I am learning to trust my words that I tell so many others. People want to help and like to be needed.

Creative Therapy

I am writing more than ever.  I can officially say I have started my book of this journey I have been on these past 6 years.

I am painting again.

I am learning to live again.  Live my life as I am now. Not how I used to be, but expect me now and got with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lung cancer often goes unnoticed in its early stages. As the disease develops, a persistent cough  develop and chronic cough worsen. include chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, bloody fluid coughed up from the respiratory tract, and frequent bouts of bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes the first was bone pain, headaches, dizziness,I was so piss off and tired of my life until i read about Dr Itua herbal medicine on blogspot i really thought it was scam when i first contacted him so little time i think about it and bought the herbal medicine which i took for three weeks and i was totally cured his treatment is so unique,I never thought i will be able to be free from Lung Cancer.But not only this Lung Cancer This great man can cure,Dr Itua also told me he can cure such diseases like... COLORECTAL CANCER,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer, BLADDER CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER, KIDNEY CANCER, LUNG CANCER, Lupus,SKIN CANCER,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Stroke,Dementia. UTERINE CANCER,Pancreative Cancer, LEUKEMIA,HIV/AIDS,OVARIAN CANCER,BLOOD CANCER,Vulvar cancer,MEN/WOMAN INFERTILITY,BURKITT LYMPHOMA - NON-HODGKIN.BRONNCHIAL TUMORS, BRAIN TUMORS,BILE DUCT CANCER,BONE CANCER,VAGINAL CANCER,Cervical Cancer,HERPES VIRUS,LOVE SPELL,HEPATITIS,HE'S A GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR.HERE HIS CONTACT EMAIL::: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/. WHATSAPP:::+2348149277967