Thursday, July 18, 2013

New chemo

I must say, it was odd to leave Dr. H’s office with a bag full of chemo pills…odd.

Eric and I joked when we went to lunch that we shouldn’t leave the chemo in the car...after the pharmacist telling Eric we are SO lucky to have the insurance we have being as 2 weeks of this little beauty can be a pretty penny…and I mean pretty.

I am now on Xeloda – I will take 4 pills in the morning and 4 at night; 2 weeks on and a week off.

The major side effect of this chemo seems to be dry, pealing and cracked hands and feet…they it will be like farmers dry/cracked hands.

I am going to get some gloves and footy boots to put thick cream on in the morning and night to help combat this…

There are the possible other side effects – throw up, diarrhea, nausea, sores in mouth BUT most those are “not common.”

I will let y’all know how it goes!

I am going to paint today – a commission for a 1st birthday and I am SO excited to be able to lose myself in paint!

No comments: