Thursday, June 20, 2013

Radiation…it is catching up with me

I am tired.
I am not able to sleep a whole night.
I have a small lingering headache most of the time…blah.

BUT, after seeing the radiation doctor on Tuesday, I feel great about where I am at.

He said he is very happy with how great I look and for my next appointment with him I don’t even have to go in – I can just call in and let him know all is well. 

Let me set the record straight though – I have earned this right with these doctors because they totally trust me from the past – they know I will tell them when something is wrong.

My hair is starting to hurt, so I know it will start falling out soon. I can’t decide if I want to shave it all vs having a big ol bald spot??

I still have constant constipation issues – no matter how well I eat, or how many chi seeds I put in my smoothies - I still need to take laxatives, but oh well!

I have what they call "moon face" from the steroids - thank goodness they told me I could stop taking them on Tuesday.


BUT compared to my first time radiation, this is 100% better – I will take what I have now verses what I had then any day.

“If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything”  -Mark Twain

No comments: