Monday, June 17, 2013

Bag Lady

I am a bag lady

I have collected bags

all my life...

as long as I can remember

Some big

some small

some stylish

some plain

These bags –

I collect

even...

hoard

some might say.

These bags -

hold

all kinds of different

emotions

stories

hurts

loves.

Lately though –

I have realized

these bags

all weigh different

 ~love is light and airy

I can sling it over my shoulder and take it with me wherever I go –

no matter how long the journey.

Joy is the same -

I can stuff my bag full of joy

and never feel

its weight

on my shoulder.

On the other hand:

anger

shame

hate

can weigh me down...
do weigh me down
even if I am only carrying

a single
lonely

pebble in my bag.
This tiny pebble

weighs a ton
like carrying bricks

bending me
side to side

and hurting my body
my heart
my soul...
little

by

little
tweaking my back

here and there.

I have decided though

I surely don’t need
all these bags

weighing me down.

 
I am getting rid of the bags

especially the tiny bags
the tiny bags

that carry
only the pebbles

the pebbles
that weigh me down

 
I have decided
I only need one bag

One bag
to carry God

with me
all day

everyday

in that bag

I will find
all the

Love
Joy

Grace
Laughter

Hope
I can imagine

and

that
will be my only bag

I carry
from now on

My bag for
God 

 

No comments: