Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 18 - storytime


Day 18, Saturday: Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.
 
I remember the day my dad came to tell me and my sister that him and my mom were getting a divorce.
We were at my grandparents house and I was holding on to my stuffed Garfield the cat animal.
I felt confused, sad, mad, hurt, afraid and so much more.
I didn't understand what it really meant.  How our lives would really change.
I do understand now that things happen and no matter how hard you try, some things just cant work out.
I get still get sad about this day and still wonder how life would have been if they hadn't divorced, but I know it isn't my place to judge and everyone did what they needed to do.
 

No comments: