Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 12 - my heart aches

What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)

My grandpa

He was so full of life and truly loved with his whole heart.

I miss his corny jokes that I rolled my eyes at and then in the next breath laugh my head off – more so at him laughing at himself.

I miss his life lessons condensed down into a sentence: pigs get fatter and hogs get slaughtered.

I miss his excitement to see us – anytime we went over to their house and he knew we were on the way, he would be waiting outside on the porch.

I miss his excitement about his corvette and him telling us to listen to the engine while he revved it up.

I miss him shaking his gold bracelet telling me to a good look at that. (I am still not sure what that was about but oh, I would laugh)

I miss his presence in my life – in our family – in the world – I miss him on every level possible.

1 comment:

Tarah said...

I can see him and hear him while reading this ;)
He was a wonderful man