Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bag lady



I am a bag lady

I have collected bags

all my life

some big

some small

some stylish

some plain

These bags –

I collect

even

hoard

some might say

These bags

hold

all kinds of different

emotions

stories

hurts

loves

Lately though –

I have realized

these bags

all weigh different

 ~love is light and airy

I can sling it over my shoulder and take it with me wherever I go –

no matter how long the journey

Joy is the same

I can stuff my bag full of joy

and never feel

its weight

on my shoulder

 

On the other hand:

anger

shame

and

hate

can weigh me down

even if I am only carrying

a single

lonely

pebble in my bag

this tiny pebble

weighs a ton

like carrying bricks

bending me

side to side

and hurting my body

little

by

little

tweaking my back

here and there

 

I have decided though

I surely don’t need

all these bags

weighing me down.

 

I am getting rid of the bags

especially the tiny bags

the tiny bags

that carry

only the pebbles

the pebbles

that weigh me down

 

I have decided

I only need one bag

One bag

to carry God

with me

all day

everyday

in that bag

I will find

all the

Love

Joy

Grace

Laughter

Hope

I can imagine

and

that

will be my only bag

I carry

from now on
Post a Comment