Thursday, November 1, 2012

I wish I knew...


I wish I could say sorry for not posting in such a long time – I can’t though.

I haven’t had it in me to write anything positive or write anything at all.

I wish I would have known what a complete toll this stupid brain surgery and radiation would have had on me.

I wish I would have known many things:

How much more I should have appreciated feeling good when I did

How hard it is to feel bad

How it is all too easy to shut out the world but in reality, that is the only thing I can do right at this moment.  For those who are concerned with it, don’t be – don’t take it personal – I am doing what I need to do for me and for my boys – that is all I can do right at this point.

I had to get another MRI on Monday because I was feeling like such crap over the weekend. The good news is there are no new areas of concern.  The bad news is there is still a ton of swelling that was making me feel like crap. They upped my steroids, gave me new meds for the queasiness and I am praying for it all to start working….and soon.

I don’t know how to reset from here. Some days are good, others aren’t.

I feel like when I am ready to hit the reset button and say this is it, this will be where my new normal starts – something happens and I start feeling worse again. 

Maybe I need to write daily – give it a scale so I can see it daily?  Then when I look back, I can see – oh, I had x out of y days good – better than last week…that is what I will do.

So far, todays scale would be a 6.

Please pray the swelling goes down quick and it stays down this time.

Please pray for strength, grace and hope…all of which I need so much right now.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Def praying for less swelling and everything and anything you and your family need. Love you. The swelling WILL go down soon. I wish so much that you were on the other side of this - and you will be - soon!!

Sheila Rumney said...

Still praying for you.

Diana Raney said...

Thinking of you and sending prayers every day. This too shall pass. I know that doesn't help right now though. Hoping and praying like heck that the swelling subsides soon and you feel tons better. Miss you bunches. xoxo

Anonymous said...

much love :)

Runi Limary said...

Sending you much love and sending you positive energy.

Nicole B. said...

Thinking of you and sending all the healthy vibes I can muster! Take care.