Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Power of Prayer

I can see how others who continued to work through treatment said it was easier to have something to focus on. I have been praying for a way to help others in a way that didn’t take too much energy or actually make me leave the house because I don’t have much free time in between appointments and what free time I do have, I want to spend with Eric and Ian.
The idea came to me last week…start a prayer request group for the Pink Ribbon Cowgirls. That is one thing I feel is lacking with this group – spiritual support. But I do understand why they don’t – there have to be different levels of support and their gig is getting people together to share stories, ideas, etc. But with that being said they don’t say we, the group members, can’t branch out and do things like this.

I used to think that God didn’t want to hear our small prayers – only the large ones. But over time and study, I have learned that is not the case – He wants to hear it all…even the things that seem so small to us. And I have personally learned, the more specific the prayers are the easier it is for people to pray for you. I want all the girls in the PRC to have as many prayers for them as I have had and continue to have – some of them don’t have the wonderful support system I am blessed with.

I am excited to have this to organize – it is nice to have something to do for others again.

I am going to see how this goes, get a feel for how many people get involved and the requests each week and then open it up to others. How cool would it be to have a FB page of just prayer requests? Then at anytime, people could go on there, pick a few requests and pray for them. I think it would be awesome, but right now I know I can only manage this and am thankful for this.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

No comments: