Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dear Cancer....

Unfortunately we meet again. I beat you last time and I will beat you this time as well.


I still don’t understand you, I have no love nor hate for you, I just ask God everyday that you go away from me, from everybody…forever.

What is it about life that you want to take away from me, from so many?

Well the joke is on you cancer. You will be taken out when you are least expecting it. You will be imploded in my body, in whoever’s body you are trying to take over – you will not survive.

If there was a deal to make – eat only one thing for the rest of my life, walk on my hands, run 10 miles a days – I would do it. I would do it in a heartbeat. It would take every ounce of faith I had to trust you though….if we made a deal. You aren’t very trustworthy.

Cancer, don’t you get it? You are in a body that has a 3 ½ year old son, a wonderful husband, is a daughter, a sister, a friend and so much more. Don’t you get it – you are not welcome here. Nobody wants you here in my body or in any body’s body. Every body you are in has a life outside of you. Every body you are in is something to someone else. You try to make yourself their, my, our lives, but you can’t. You are not my life. You are a part of my life right now, but not for long. You will never be my life.

If you are trying to fit in with the crowd you are going about all the wrong way. You get way more friends with honey than vinegar. Why don’t you try that – why don’t you try being nice and see where that gets you. You can’t like what you are. You can’t be proud of what you are.

You can better. It is never too late to change. I will even offer to help you change; to be better, to stop this downward spiral you are in….I will help you.

I am ready to start helping you whenever, now, yesterday – the sooner the better.

Sincerely,

Renee


Write you own letter to cancer.  Every letter written, $50 is donated to American Cancer Society.

6 comments:

Snuzi said...

Well said my friend!

Paula Rigling said...

Renee

I wrote my Dear Cancer letter yesterday warning Cancer what is was up against when it came back to battle you. I told it you were ONE TOUGH CHICK with an army of friends and family on your side.

That sound you heard yesterday was it running away scared as fast as it's little cancer legs could carry it!

Paula

Laurie said...

Tell it sister! It has no idea who it is messing with.

Melinda said...

Beautiful Renee ... Just beautiful. Well put ... perfectly said ... BEAUTIFUL!

kellieharrison said...

Wow! I can't wait to read your first book!!! As I wipe the tears, I am adding you to my prayer list! You sound like a strong girlie who doesn't mess around!!! I can tell that you are in the frame of mind to kick this in the butt! You son is precious! I am glad you are sharing your story because your strength and faith is inspiring!

kellieharrison said...

*your
please don't edit my writing I have been having issues this week with migraines and can't get my thoughts straight :D