Friday, March 25, 2011

Friends

“Even though we’ve changed and we are all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we’ll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we’re not still friends.” ~ anonymous


I realize I have been more than blessed (is that possible) with the friends in my life. I am still best friends with people I went to elementary school with, I keep in touch with all “my group” plus many others from high school, I have made new best friends in my 20’s (which is hard to make good solid friends in your 20’s because let’s face it, we are all a-holes who know everything while in our 20’s – kind of like our teens but worse because now we are educated and really DO know it all), I have a neighborhood full of new mommy friends and the one thing all this girls have in common – they are awesome people.

Now don’t get me wrong, we all have had some FIGHTS and done some STUPID things to each other and together but somehow, we figure it out and realize that a life without friends in not a life. I don’t talk to all these friends daily, weekly, monthly – some I don’t talk to but once a year or haven’t actually talked to them in a few years but it doesn’t matter. Some I do talk to everyday but don’t see but every 2 years or so and when we do see each other it is like no time has passed at all. Some I do see every day and we are helping each other raise our kids together.

All of these friends have helped shape me into the person I am today. They have stepped in and told me it is time to get my sh*t together, they have listened to me cry, complain and b*tch about life, love or whatever traumatic event was taking place, they have listened to me when I had to tell them to get their sh*t together, they have done very STUPID things with me in which we look back on now and wonder how we actually made it to our 30’s, but most of all they all have laughed with me and loved me unconditionally.

“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.” ~ anonymous

I am trying to remember my song and most days I do a great job, but some days are harder than others so friends, please remind me of my song and tell me to get my sh*t together when I need it.

2 comments:

JennAventures said...

True words. And as a 20 something I can confidently tell you I do know it all ;)

Sherwoods said...

Remembering the stupid things we did and thanking God we made it through! Also remembering the really amazing times like the ski trip when you became a Christian, the Valentine's weekend trip to Santa Fe, your super fun wedding and your family vacation here with us two years ago.... so many more great things to come! Love you!
Marci