Thursday, October 15, 2009

Time well spent

Rachele and I made a pretty impulsive and quick trip out to California after mom told us grandma wasn't doing well. Grandma has alztimers (sp??) and she has good days, and well, not so good days. I really had no idea what to expect when we got there - is she going to remember me, is she going to have a really bad day, I didn't know what was going to happen. But, I am SO happy to report, the trip was great and she did great while we were there. She remembered both Rachele and myself, childhood stories and a little about our families.

We did lots of fun stuff - as usual when we are with Aunt Tammy. We went out to a Japenese Steakhouse for lunch, which everyone enjoyed and then we went to Bogle, my all time favorite winery ever! We did the tasting room where Rachele almost spit out her taste - she is a fool and does like wine! Grandma enjoyed a few glasses of watered down wine which was a good thing because she drank them like water. When she told us she just tipped it up and poured it back, I knew it was my grandma! We celebrated Tammy's 50th birthday which was a lot of fun and just had a really great time out there!

I can rest easy with these memories I have of grandma and not using my imagination to conjure up some story I had imagined. I realized it isn't all my imagination and she does have horrible days, but I can live in my happy world for now with my memories.
Playing the Wii - she LOVES to bowl and is really good on it!
Grandpa helping her with set-up

Rachele, Aunt Tammy and Cousin Whitney


All of us!















No comments: